2023 Round up:
- 2023 has been a wild and wonderful year, on the candidate, client and team front.
- As a team this year, we have welcomed honorary team members either through birth or marriage, taken sabbaticals and ventured to the other side of the world!!, studied for our own personal and professional development, celebrated milestone birthdays and workaversaries, taken some incredible time out on holidays, encouraged each other to start new habits including boxing, completed personal challenges including the island walk, witnessed “firsts” for many team members – including trying fish and chips and becoming budding podcasters.
- Professionally as a team, we kicked off the year with a well-deserved promotion, blogged and networked our way through International Women’s Day (which we turned into a week of celebrations!), attended and hosted numerous tables at the Chamber of Commerce which is always excellent to network with likeminded people, welcomed our Highlands College work placement student for 2 weeks, entered and took part in a Golf day to support Silkworth Lodge, took part in the Well-Being week initiative delivering random acts of kindness in King Street plus sharing our own well-being tips, delivered some excellent training sessions to BSK Jersey, attended the Careers Fair which was very insightful to the current trainee market, went along to some of the IOD networking events, was hosted at some lovely clients’ offices for tours and coffee treats, podcasted and nattered, attended some excellent client events at various locations, became Easter bunnies and Christmas elves delivering gifts to our fabulous temps to thank them for their hard work as well as our weekly deliveries for the new starters of the week!
- There are many other fabulous things we have been up to which have been squeezed into our lives, as well as doing our normal day job. The day job has brought with it the good, bad and the ugly from numerous counter offers, offers which could change the market on their own, to some fantastic, heart-warming and worthy placements. The above would not have been possible, without the support our team provide each other, the absences for sabbaticals, holidays and weddings would not have been possible as well as the “out of the ordinary” events and tasks that we do, without our team pulling together to ensure everyone is supported and our clients and candidates are well looked after in their consultants absence.
- Why am I saying this? With the Christmas period fast approaching, where we should all be taking time out to recharge, be around loved ones and take some time for ourselves, it's important to remember your time matters, take that time given to you to recharge and energise ensuring you are entering the New Year with fresh energy. Support your team members and ask for their support, to ensure the work is still being done but you can all have that time off you deserve.
- I feel 2024 is set to be another wild ride – so best to ensure we are all set and ready to go !!
- If my blog resonates with you, and you want more in 2024, please get in touch, we'd love to help you find your Happy Place and make 2024 start positively.