As we come to the end of International Week of Happiness at Work, I thought I’d jump on here and talk about it too!
There has been loads around this topic this past week, which seems to have reminded a lot of people that our happiness in the workplace matters and that there are actionable steps we can take to make it a reality.
There are many factors to happiness at work, and one thing to remember is that ‘happiness’ looks and feels very different to everyone.
For me happiness at work is…
- Looking forward to coming to work every morning
- Knowing I’m making a difference every day
- Having a team that works together and supports each other
- Being part of a work environment that values everyone’s ideas and efforts
- Having a give-and-take flexible environment
Being happy in your workplace will lead to better work relationships with colleagues, handling stress more effectively, and having an enhanced sense of purpose/fulfilment from your role.
If you're currently on the hunt for a new job, get in touch and we can chat about finding you your happy place, so you can celebrate happiness at work every single day!